Uniting graduates from British universities living in Greece, the aims of the Society are:
- To provide a forum for and to maintain ties between graduates from British universities living in Greece thus creating an extensive network for business and social contacts.
- To build and maintain intellectual relations between members of the Society and British institutions of higher education and their alumni associations.
- To support directly or indirectly the organisation of professional groups from amongst its members for the purpose of achieving common scientific and professional aims.
- To create scholarships for Greek students to proceed with advanced studies in Britain.
- To foster relationships and understanding as well as promote friendship between Greece and Britain in the areas of education, culture and business.
- To support societies and organizations who are sensitive towards the less fortunate members of our community.
- To contribute to the understanding and resolution of social and community concerns and issues, especially those connected with the environment.
- To collaborate with other institutions and organisations for the mutual promotion of common objectives.
- To disseminate to the wider public the values which the BGS represents.